Thursday, June 7, 2007

A request for more info

Ok all you A'n'O followers, so I hear there's been a request for more information about our progress? Things are really rolling along now! You've seen the logo below, let us know just how much you love it!

Right now we're in the process of getting our website up. We have a few options in terms of web development.

1) The very talented Eric Wellman will code the back end of our website for us at a very good price (yet to be determined- although I'm wondering if it could include favours of some kind, perhaps lawn mowing or car washing? ;) With this option, we will need a graphic designer to do only the front end of the site. You'd think it would be easy to find a designer who will separate coding from design, but not so. We're still shopping around for prices and for the best fit, and so far we've found a few really great designers, but they are not interested in just providing us with photoshop image files which is really too bad.

2) My brother Ian runs a web company called Tarantula Consulting and he's offered a package deal including web hosting, web mail, front end design using either a stock template or having it designed by a designer, as well as the whole back end shopping cart system. He can get the site up in as little as a week. We're just waiting for a quote. Ian seems to have a lot of knowledge and experience in search engine optimization which peaked my interest.

Both options are good, and I personally want to make an informed decision about our web needs. Until I talked to my brother, I really had no idea what we needed. But now I am more informed, and I am trying to look at both options from a professional perspective. Although, it is difficult since both Lara and I have relationships with our two potential web guys...we don't want to hurt feelings or step on toes.
add to sk*rt


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been following your site, as I'm a mom-to-be with our first child. I'm also a graphic designer here in Ottawa, and my company would be more than happy to meet with you and talk about your web design. We often do just design and hand over Photoshop files to developpers. Not a problem for us. I would have emailed you but didn't find a contact on the home page? Here is our website: www.3flow.ca, there's a contact email on the site if you're interested. Thanks and good luck!