Saturday, June 21, 2008

Posts sent by email #3

Colleen (mom of Kira and Owen)
I try to buy Canadian, when I can. Why? Firstly, to support my amazing country and keep local companies in business. Secondly, I find the quality superior to any other, and thirdly, to support people like you, who are trying to make a living while spending as much time as they can with their families. I completely respect people who are willing to take a chance to make a better life for their families. Finally, I love that the products you offer are different than the mainstream and I like giving my children the opportunity to be unique and display their personalities. My son is only 6 months old so he's not yet displaying his own will, my daughter however is almost three and certainly does exert her personality (usually at the most inopportune times). One of her favourite shirts is the "Anything but Ordinary" t-shirt which describes her perfectly. Thank-you for creating this store and I plan to continue shopping in the future.

Tammy

I don't have a blog, although it seems like I should. I didn't realize they
were 'the' thing for so many moms. I love your contest idea. It's a great
way for us to stop and think for a moment about the many reasons it is so
important to purposely support our national economy.
I shop Canadian because I want there to always be people in this country
making things and doing things they love at sustainable wages. I never want
to make a purchase for my young child that was made by a young child at
scant wages in dangerous conditions. I don't want my going to school
wearing shoes made by a child who will never see the inside of a classroom.
I don't want my children playing with toys which may have been painted with
lead based paint. I never want our country to rely on imports from
countries with deplorable human rights conditions.
Every time we pay a fair price for goods grown and/or made in Canada, we
support our own nation and build a stronger healthier country. Happy Canada
Day!

Shannon

I buy Canadian because I feel that, among other things, the quality is higher and safety of products is important to me. I also like to support fellow small business owners and Canadian business.
Thanks ladies - what a wonderful idea for Canada Day!
add to sk*rt


No comments: