Friday, August 3, 2007

Organic clothing worth the extra cost?

Everywhere I look lately you can find an organic section - people are going out of their ways to find products that are better and healthier for them, and they're willing to pay a premium price to get them. The organic grocery sections have grown, seemingly exponentially, in the last couple of years, and more and more I'm now noticing organic clothing to be rising in popularity.

What do you think about the trend towards organic? Do you shop organic? Does that include more than food? Would you pay extra to put your baby in clothing that is organic?

I have to admit to still being on the fence on the organic issue, not truly convinced of either side, but would love to find out more about the benefits people have seen, noticed, heard of, for eating and wearing organic!
add to sk*rt


6 comments:

Alisa said...

I once searched the internet for low-cost organic clothes for my son. Unfortunately, I didn't find a online store that really caught my attention.

I like to buy locally, at a store that sells organic cotton clothing, but I can been seen going to the Gap, Old Navy, LLBean and Lands End for children's clothes.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely buy organic food if it was available out here (as long as it didn't look or taste crappy as I've had in the past), but I can't say I'm really into this organic clothing thing. It makes sense to not actually ingest pesticides, etc, but when it comes to wearing something that can be washed to remove pesticides I can't justify the extra cost. Of course I don't really know much about the subject; there are probably good reasons to go organic clothing-wise, I just don't know about them.

JennyB said...

i was at a store on rideau today that had a few baby items, namely organic tshirst & onesies. they were so incredibly expensive, and the shop in general wasn't. I wouldn't pay more for organic, at least not yet. I haven't been convinced of its benefits in clothing.

QOH said...

I feel the same way about not knowing whether shopping organic makes a different, whether with food, clothing or otherwise. Tough to know for sure, but it definitely seems to matter to a lot of people who are willing to pay more!

Anonymous said...

organic foods, yes without a doubt. Organic clothing...i need to become better educated on the issue to have an opinion.

Sharon said...

If we had no money issues, I'd buy organic It DOES seem softer. However, I still place a higher priority on organic food over clothing.